Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 38:

The goal for the week was accomplished!
I blogged about our tandem vacation and completed the task!

One big reason for doing this was to learn to set mini writing goals and see what would happen.
Can I do this? Will I do this? Could I write a book this way?

Over the weekend the family-and-friends work crew accomplished the impossible at son Sam's.
They took out all the furniture from three bedrooms and living room, ripped up the carpet, laid wood flooring, painted walls, and put the rooms back together again!
When I brought the two boys back on Sunday, Zion ran to see his new bed, and tried it out!


Kristie, only weeks away from delivering #4 baby boy, refused to stop working and sit down until we moved the sofa and furniture back into the living room. 
Then she put her feet up and was willing to be celebrated for her 34th birthday coming up Monday the 17th.


Monday is usually my big writing-and-catch-up-online day which means I get to sit at my big window and watch the hummingbirds come and go. They now have to compete for the sugar water.


Tuesday evening the robotics team had their first meeting of the season so Mike couldn't go with me to the reception for "wing-hook-ups" (community couples willing to adopt a university dorm floor or wing). 


Looking at the wind turbines from the building where the reception was held.
  
Wednesday I dropped by to see what was happening at the Red Barn.
The pottery room was buzzing. Mike had his hands full trying to guide the learners and helpers.


The temperature has dipped noticeably this week. Fall is here.This is my Thursday pic.

First glimpse of autumn hues.
  
Friday mornings Mike has been riding with a new member of our community, 
one of the pastors who also teaches the college Sunday School class.

Discussing bicycle issues.

Saturday went by and I had no photo 
until I saw the lady who makes and sells the super delicious Granola Toffee, mentioned here
She agreed to a pic if I could make her famous. 
To order her delectable treats go to ArborShireEnterprises.com

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That's some major home renovation with floors and painting all in one weekend!

    Granola Toffee sound wonderful, toffee is one of my favorites!

    Glad to see folks enjoying themselves with the clay! I hope to have some time this week to get back at it!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics
    love toffee flavored anything!
    what else was in the pic with the hummingbird...i blew it up larger but couldn't see anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess you can't see all the bees buzzing around on the right side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird feeders were one of the many things I so enjoyed about your 'new' house. Another outstanding feature was the view out of those windows to the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at all that painting & floor laying - goodness! Makes me feel guilty for not getting the vacuuming done :)

    Cute little hummer. I didn't see the bees - I'll go back & look again.

    That granola toffee sounds fabulous. But I can't help you with the contest. Maybe take a picture that we have to identify or something.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!