Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2017 Week 33: Rearranging

 Just like our flower centerpiece is rearranged from week to week, so our lives keep changing.


Rebecca's birthday celebration with abuela was rearranged. We met at our local eatery, The Bridge Cafe, for her favorite grilled cheese kid's meal. And she opened gifts, we read a couple books, and put together a few wooden puzzles. :-) A fun time to make up for forgetting her big birthday party when we planned our vacation. :-(


That evening at Stephan's, we enjoyed seeing friend Gina again and meeting her grandchilren. Her life and family are experiencing changes.


The focus of the week was to rearrange our things and be ready for our robotics-friend-TU-college-freshman Moriah to move in next week. She came over twice, once with her father to bring some of her things. This is what her room looks like now.


Michael accomplished many things this week. Can you tell what one of his projects was?


Saturday was a big day for our family. Malachi went off to college, to my alma mater!
We volunteered to look after the younger boys while they settled big brother into his dorm room.
We went to a park and had quite an adventure.

Zion Ninja Warrior
Yet another adventure, a visit with great grandma Hoyt. It was hard to remember when they may have seen her last and she needed help recalling their names.


The day ended with a meal outside my old dorm, and the opportunity to meet Malachi's roommate, Jimmy. He's a city boy from Chicago who has six siblings, so wasn't phased at all when the whole family walked into their room.


The farewell (Photo credit Kristie and Sam)
I remember when we dropped Stephan off at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, I cried on the way home. Life will certainly be different for them now, but very good too. Our hearts are full.

Sunday we had friends over for one last summer fling, two families with four kids each. Everyone tried the zip line. Lots of fun, food, and fellowship.


Yes, summer freedom is over. School and robotics begin again!
I thought I was done teaching, then the phone call. "We need someone to teach Spanish 101 in Muncie, a four-hour class one day a week beginning Monday at 8:00 a.m." I slept on it and decided to say no, unless they'd exhausted all other options. The week went by. Friday, a pleading phone call: "All my possibles have failed." I knew then that I was meant to do this. I'll let you know next week how it's going.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were deliberate & thoughtful about the Spanish class. I hope it works out well for you! I must say that Kristie looks too young to have a college student son! And thanks for my Rebecca picture :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!