Tuesday, October 10, 2017

2017 Week 40: Love and Grace


Love has many meanings and degrees.  
For example, on a scale of 1 to 5:
1-like something
2-really like something
3-care about a person/s
4-be committed to someone
5-adore, reverence God. 
What number would I assign our Sunday evening Open House at Pastor Dan's getting to know the college students?  

Can you guess what we're roasting over the open fire

How would I rate the pie Mike baked this week? 


Our first watercolor class was so much fun. Jason and Kari Diller led us in several activities to practice a few techniques with washes and masking. The game at the end, a good learning exercise, resulted in some very strange creatures.


Our town experienced a police emergency that night, Tuesday, and into the next morning, until the two armed robbers were apprehended a half a mile from us. Taylor U was locked down and cancelled classes till noon the next day and Eastbrook Schools closed all day.

After tap class Wednesday we celebrated Kayla's 26th birthday with lunch at The Bridge.


Cousin Rosie sent me a couple old photos, just in time for Throwback Thursday. I "love #2" this one of my youngest brothers. They were best buds growing up and now, years later, work together at HP Home Rescue


Grandpa Mike was able to spend some time with Zion and Jude at Royerton School Grandparents Day. These two are also best buddies. Zion is in second grade and Jude in pre-school.


I missed the abuela-fun and traded it for alumna-fun at Grace homecming. I sat with Malachi in  Chapel, ate lunch with Mother at Grace Village, and then enjoyed the Grace and Winona Lake History bus tour (my fourth time!) with author and guide Terry White. He wrote the book: Winona at 100 Third Wave Rising. My neighbor friends joined us for the tour and the special treat after--a guided walk-through of the Billy Sunday Home.



In the Museum I was drawn to an old tandem bicycle, wouldn't ya' know. And, simply amazed by the global impact of this hub.


Sunday we celebrated Jude, an exuberant five-year-old who has brought so much joy since the day he was born.



How would you guess-rate all my "loves"?

I think a lot about # 4 as my youngest sibling faces the reality of the promise "till death do us part." I pray for strength, peace, a precious farewell, and a smooth transition.

1 comment:

  1. Randomly: I rate the pie a 10, am aghast at the robber situation, am concerned about your youngest brother, and are those... pigs in a blanket? If so, GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!