Sunday, November 19, 2017

2017 Week 46: Life, love, loss



This week I lost the brother I welcomed almost 70 years ago. I am grateful for the time we had him and the love he shared with everyone. He left us too soon but suffers no more.

My family before three more brothers
The week was full as always. Life goes on. Monday after class I met with friend Julia at a fancier restaurant. I ordered their specialty soup, French onion, by chance, also unaware of what the scissors were for--to cut the cheese!


That evening, Stephan's meal was well attended, including a visitor from France and two from Thailand!

Kari & Jason Diller, Vincent
We had a new art teacher who led us through a series of techniques, showed us what different brushes do, and gave us some of his small sample pieces.


Kayla had asked me to take Rebecca to a special party at the library celebrating Mo Willems, the author they had been reading during story time. Here she is posing with the characters: Pigeon, Piggie, and Elephant.


Thursday evening, Moriah and I drove in to Muncie to MadJax to surprise her mother for her birthday.


While there, we got to see all the many activities going on. Michael and a few students were assembling BattHawks, the volt meters for robot batteries they designed and will be selling.



In another area a young FLL team (FIRST Lego League) was busy preparing and practicing for the competition weekend.



Friday, after a busy day, we got away. SIL Kim welcomed us with a wonderful Thai soup before we headed over to the Grace College Little Theatre.


As proud grandparents we were very entertained by the debonnaire Professor Jordan in the play "39 Steps."
Professor Jordan, a.ka. Malachi Koch
We spent the night at Ivan and Kim's, slept long and well in their comfortable guest bed, and were treated to a wonderful breakfast. It was so good to linger and visit, a rare opportunity.

We then ate lunch with Mother in her dining room in the Assisted Living area of Grace Village.

That evening our resident student actually went on a "pick-a-date" event and had so much fun!



Otherwise she is doing homework ALL the time, sometimes upside down just for variety.


We have so much to be thankful for all the time, not only in this season set aside to focus on Thanksgiving. Will you be making a list this week? I'd love to hear what you are especially thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about your brother - even though he's no longer in pain, he left behind a lot of people who love him.

    Loved my Rebecca sighting. And I'm glad you got to spend time with Kim & Ivan!

    I am STILL trying to write the Thanksgiving poem & prayer that I MUST have at our 1:00 meal TOMORROW! Which is why I'm reading blogs instead :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!