Sunday, February 11, 2018

2018 Week 6: Snow, ice, and delays

Snow much of the week, and today, Sunday, almost paralyzing ice.


Last Sunday was Leah's BIG 45th birthday. We had decided to celebrate today, but had to delay once again due to icy conditions. For the first time I can remember we did not make it to church, our lane was glazed over.

"We will get together yet, Leah." (I love this Mother-Daughter photo I came across this week.) 


I had so few photos of my own this week, so I'm borrowing favorites from Facebook.

Rebecca having fun at Nana's
I have a favorite life-verb--to plod (to work or act perseveringly). This 1000-piece puzzle could represent that concept. We kept coming back to it in spurts, at odd moments, or placing a piece here and there as we walked by. And now it is finally complete. I also finished listening to three books--Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, and a couple Madeleine L'Engle novels.


However, other projects are still in progress.  Michael's all-consuming focus is the robot. In fact, he went in to the shop every day this week and spent hours there, if not all day and into the night. The end of the six-week build season is fast approaching. Next Sunday other teams will join them for a practice scrimmage.

Stephan had way too much fun carving amazing pieces for yet another festival, the Culver Winterfest.
Thursday, he and his helper set up many logo ice sculptures for local businesses.

What do you think? A fair ice-replica of Norman Rockwell?
I had to chuckle when I saw this one. We joked Monday night about "Karen's roses", a bouquet on the table, only the leftovers, the best were for freezing in an ice sculpture.


The ice ping pong table was in use the entire time!


Toward the end of the festival there was a speed carving competition. (Click on the link to watch the excitement.)


Who do you think won, the giraffe or the butterfly?

Meanwhile on the homefront we kept plodding on with necessary chores. Saturday, Michael was gone from 9 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., so Moriah fed the birds. Mike and the birds say, "Thank you! chirp, chirp."

Have a great week plodding on purposefully!

1 comment:

  1. That Rebecca is growing up! What the heck! :)

    Love those ice sculptures - he is so talented.

    I know you look forward to the day you get your husband back, however temporarily...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!