Monday, November 27, 2017

2017 Week 47: Giving Thanks


Like most of you, we enjoyed a family gathering and Thanksgiving feast. Mike was the chief cook and I was in charge of the program. Our expressions of gratitude were by means of a game. First, I read my friend Rachael Phillips' post: Thanksgiving 2017. Then everyone, even the little ones, had five minutes to make their own "weird list of things they were thankful for." If they didn't know how to write, they could draw. Everybody was involved. Those were the only minutes of silence in the whole day! But the conversation that followed when everyone read their lists was very lively. Great fun! Some 200 items made the lists, some abstract, like humor, love, vulnerability, openness, worship, friendship, etc. Items listed by someone else were crossed off. Karen and Malachi had the longest lists. And Jude interpreted what his drawings represented. He won the children's category.

One item on my list was the ongoing watercolor class This week we attempted our first larger painting applying some of the techniques we'd learned.


The highlight of the week was our family togetherness--outdoor and indoor fun. 

RWL (rolling with laughter) similar to LOL

Zion shared his new birthday cards. Can you tell what game we played?


Skye was here with his girlfriend Cassie. The only one who couldn't come was Matt, as a millwright he often has to work odd hours and holidays. 

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of everyone. I was too busy enjoying the growing family. Yes, the younguns are growing in stature, knowledge, wisdom and grace. Two of them celebrated birthdays this week: Malachi is now 19, and Zion 8.

How did I find time to color the most complicated design this week?! Ha! Too many tired evenings relaxing watching listening to TV with Michael.

2 comments:

  1. you are playing GOLF!!!

    I love your idea of writing things you are thankful for! I think I will adopt that for next year! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea for Thanksgiving. Maybe we’ll do that next year instead of the annual poem. Hope I remember!

    I love your watercolor leaves - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!