Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The Gift of People

Real physical greeting cards have meant more to me this season than ever before. Perhaps because they are fewer now with the ease and popularity of virtual means of communication. I do appreciate newsletters and season greetings in all formats, but the cards I look at are sweet daily reminders of the senders.


People and relationships are very important in my life. The photos this week reflect that.
Monday I visited Leah to deliver a gift that arrived. Michael had sent for this outfit because "it screamed Leah!" She loves her animals, many cats, one loyal dog, Zeus. I wonder what he thinks of all those cats?


Tuesday after school, I picked up Rebecca from the library where her mother works. She helped me continue to decorate.. She discovered an ornament she painted when she was only two and a half.
Her expression, surprise or . . . ?


I saved one of Aunt Gladys' ornaments because it was so perfect for my friend Petey. She collects teapots and loves pearls. We had breakfast together at our favorite cafe. I am so grateful for her friendship.


Michael steadily continues to work at the pottery project he began--to smooth, polish, glaze, and refire the UPland mugs.


Thursday I enjoyed reconnecting with my consuegra (co-mother-in-law), Kristie's mom. She is recovering from knee replacement and needs helpers. She calls them encouragers. She does have a little friend, Miss Snickery Doodle, but not the same as human companionship.


Michael and I have walked the Upland trail twice this week, ending close to sunset.


We are enjoying the Christmas lights and the third and biggest tree. Moriah stopped by Tuesday after her baby-sitting job in town and helped bring it down from the attic. Then Rebecca and I decorated it.  Who would've thought I'd go all out like this. Again it was because of personal connections.
 

Cousin Rosie is a very dear family connection. This week I received a long letter from her and was reminded that I haven't listened to Moody Radio in a long time. I intentionally searched for Rosalie de Rosset on their website and have been listening to the archived programs where she was interviewed. The most recent one is Advent  perfect for the season. However, the older ones  are wonderful too. I just finished listening to A Pandemic Reading Plan which aired in March. Excellent! Two others in June and July I also highly recommend.

The times we are living have caused us to value human touch and connection all the more because much of that has been taken away. I am thankful for the people in my life.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lovely week. Your big tree is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!