Monday, January 7, 2013

My friend Jackie

Today friends and family will gather in Wales to remember Jackie.
She left this earth a few days before Christmas to live in her forever home.
The last home on earth was Valentine, a refurbished barge.
Jackie and Chris worked on it for some two years,
then spent two wonderful weeks enjoying their dream boat.

I remember this neighbor and beautiful friend on the M/V Doulos with admiration
for her taste and style, her dignity, wisdom, and devotion to God and family.

As I put away Christmas ornaments I came across a small one
crossstiched by Jackie over 30 years ago.

I am so grateful that this little treasured memory survived fire and water!

Jackie, I so look forward to walking with you in Heaven! 


The Bug said...

What a nice tribute to your friend.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

It's never easy to loose the ones we love, praying for comfort and sweet memories of her.


skoots1mom said...

oohhhh, sorry for your loss as well as her husband's...a precious remembrance will have a special place in your home, i know.