Sunday, March 11, 2018

2018 Week 10: A few highlights

Sunday evening we went to Pastor Dan's Open House. He teaches the Sunday School class we attend. The Blossers enjoy having the college students over whenever possible. And we love joining in.


Son Johnny (8 or 9?) had displayed his unique art work. He opens up cereal boxes, reassembles them inside out, textures a design and then fills it in with watercolor paints. I was so impressed. The flowers were my favorite and the bright tones of the sailboat my second choice.


What a fun evening playing the drawing and guessing game--Telestrations.


Monday afternoons, when I remember, I like to stop by for a few minutes and watch Rebecca at the dance studio before I go to my old people's exercise class.

Waiting for class to start
Tuesday I was able to visit Mother again. I've been trying to put up pictures on her bulletin board from different periods or aspects of her life. I love her high school senior picture--a drop-dead gorgeous red head!

The first attempt before I changed it.
Kim came for a short visit. Soooo good to see her after the many weeks she was sick.


Two or three mornings we had snow on the ground.

View out front door
Those who could make it met here Thursday for art club. A friend who would've liked to have come was visiting her mother walking around the farm where she grew up and sent these photos.
A couple of us tried to paint one of the scenes.


I'm sure the flower was not a current photo. It was snowing and cold as she wandered the old haunts.
I tried to replicate the snow flakes with grains of salt, a technique we had learned earlier. Can you see them?

My attempt to do the barn
Friday was the opening of the second movie based on Madeleine L'Engle's bestseller. I read it so long ago, knew it had made an impression on me, but could not remember it. So I wasn't sure if the film would bring it back and do it justice. However, it was a great excuse for a date. I'm still not sure about the movie. Have any of you seen it?


I've also been listening to a totally different kind of bestseller. It kept me very interested and focused on my cleaning goal for Saturday--to spring-clean our bedroom. I'm embarrassed to think how long it's been.


In the process I had to empty the vacumm cleaner and couldn't put it back together. I called for help from our resident engineer. It took us much longer than we care to admit. Surely it has to do with the poor design. Nevertheless, it was a good fun bonding experience.


Michael, the expert engineer was not home, of course. Saturdays are all-day robotics hours. The drive team was busy practicing, gaining experience for the upcoming competitions. The robot design, strengths and weaknesses are constantly being tested and tweeked as well.

Others on the team are working hard on many other aspects to keep "the well-oiled gears of PhyXTGears working best together." The next big event is a fund raiser Quartermania, a type of auction. (Click on the link and read about it.) $4000 worth of prizes to win. (Click the link and watch the video.)
Then come out March 16th, bring all your quarters and have a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Johnny has a lot of talent! And so do you - LOVE the barn & yes, I can see the salt. Very cool.

    I just finished listening to A Wrinkle in Time. I enjoyed it, but was annoyed with Meg for almost the whole book (sometimes it's hard to read books about teenagers - maybe because they remind me of how annoying *I* was as a teenager!). My dad said that he'd read a review of the movie saying that it wasn't for adults. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!