Sunday, June 24, 2018

2018 Week 25: Summer Stories

No better flower to open with this week, than Leah's surprise beauties, cacti blossoms.

Borrowed from Leah's Facebook

Monday
we enjoyed Stephan's demo of how he processes the logs to make beams and planks that will go into building their timber frame home.


We have a snake story. Last week as I drove out of the garage, I ran over something. I looked back and saw a snake coiled to protect it's wounded area. After a bit, it slithered off dragging entrails, then disappeared under the front deck.
This Tuesday when I went out to pick flowers, I perceived a foul odor emanating from the porch. Michael set to work to pull up a board and search under the deck. He successfully extracted the culprit and managed to dispose of the remains in the woods.
I looked out my loft window later and noticed a fowl attracted by the foul prize.


Michael has been intensely focused on working through the problems with the ThinSat, spending most of his time at MadJax. Hopefully they will be able to meet the next balloon launch for testing.
Wednesday he gave a presentation about the robotics program at a conference for high school teachers at Ball State. 
 
Every day this week I searched for any photos of Elijah on the Mircle Camp website. His expressions are priceless.

 A couple favorites.
Thursday, Alan and I attended a care plan conference for Mother. Her voice strength is still very weak. She has speech therapy daily and will be seeing an ENT soon. The therapists seeing her since she came out of hospital say she's doing fine and have either already discharged her or will in the coming days. Her resilience is amazing. Ivan remembers she used to say, "Life's great if you don't weaken."
I was so happy to find the poster that confirmed she has been participating in the Artcare program and impressed with the quality of her work.
After lunch we visited Aunt Margaret. They are dear friends but communication has become more difficult due to loss of hearing and speech. So they write letters and notes in the meantime.
The rest of the afternoon we watched the World cup soccer game between Argentina and Croatia, entertained but disappointed.


Friday,another long day alone, included: a very special memorial service; lunch at The Bridge, a SEGway to read and work the Sudoku puzzle; a mani pedi; the farmer's market; a little painting; and the daily keeping up with via email, Facebook, among other common tasks.


Saturday, again I kept myself occupied, hopefully productively while Mike was gone again until time for the event we'd been looking forward to--the airing of Now Entering Upland on WIPB. The community residents who participated as storytellers were invited to the studio and helped at the phone stations answering call-ins.

On the air--my view from a side phone station

Sunday, Michael gone again, this time for a great Father's Day gift--time spent together!

A Cubs game in Cinci
Kayla and Rebecca were also alone so we went out to lunch together.

A glimpse of Rebecca in Sunday School
 Now, we prepare for a week of new adventures. 
¡Hasta la próxima!

2 comments:

  1. Always so much going on in your immediate world...exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cactus flowers! That reminds me to keep my eyes peeled for the large cactus plants around here - don't want to miss those blooms! (Also, peeled? Pealed? Neither of these makes sense to me - ha!)

    Sorry you have to spend so much time alone. Sometimes I wish for some alone time - Mike doesn't have any outside interests right now so we have a LOT of togetherness. But I guess I should be careful what I wish for!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!