Tuesday, July 24, 2018

2018 Week 29: Camp, pool, and cycling


When the day lilies by the mail boxes bloom I have sweet memories of the former neighbor who planted them. These blooms are so fleeting, however, and so is the Mothers' Day hibiscus. It was there one day and gone the next. Perhaps it was the rain storm that knocked it off it's stem.


 Sunday the Basque students left for Miracle Camp. Every day I looked for them in the camp photos posted daily. These were the welcome-to-camp group pics. Can you pick out our boy?



We were delightfully surprised to have friend Judy join us at Stephan's Monday dinner. The pear tarte Tatin was amazing too.


Michael and Stephan have spent many hours this week working on various aspects of the process of the swimming pool renovation. Wednesday Sam and Elijah joined to help with pouring the cement floor.

Thursday evening, however, we took Diane out for dinner and a stroll through the Matter Park gardens, often referred to as Marion's best kept secret. The flowers are beautiful and there's a great variety. I really enjoyed the many bronzes which represent children playing outdoors. I think that is less common nowadays. Here are a few favorites.


Here is my favorite little girl and I do believe she loves to play outdoors. I miss seeing her, so I borrowed this photo from Facebook.


For some time we've been wanting to join an annual family bicycle ride with friends. We asked Sam's family to keep Jon overnight so we could  do this.
After a day on the tandem, Mike still had energy to play kick ball with the young'uns.


We had a neat surprise at one of our stops. I just wanted to get a picture of the two of us by this bike. When we looked down we saw it was a memorial to one of our cycling friends who passed away a few years ago.


Sunday morning we had a different kind of church service  outside the school where we'd spent the night with a meaningful meditation led by "Coach" Davenport (84) who started Wanderfing Wheels in 1964.



1 comment:

  1. I love your biking adventure! How cool to see that memorial. And I love the sculpture garden. And of course I love that picture of our girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!