Monday, October 22, 2018

2018 Week 42: Art and more art

Mother's most recent acrylic painting

Sunday afternoon, even after arriving that morning from Louisville, I drove up to Grace Village for the annual ARTcare with Grace exhibit and fundraiser. I wanted to see what the residents have produced and learn from the teacher about the process, how he helps them achieve such excellence.

Mother's 2018 art 

Prints are for sale and also sets of cards. If you are interested, let me know.

A dear lady who often visits the residents, stopped by to see Mother. Becky went to Grace college around the time I was there. She has been a widow for some time. After sharing an exciting encounter with an Argentine lady who had served in Africa, she paused to pray for Mother. It was so sweet, I couldn't resist capturing the moment.

Becky Dick praying for Mother

Meanwhile, in Indianapolis, Matt and Kayla were celebrating his graduation from millwright in training to full-fledged journeyman millwright.


Zion sent us a picture of what he'd made for grandparents' day, but we missed because he was home sick. 
"So glad you are back in school, Zion, and proud of your 30-point reading award!"


Another photo I'm borrowing from Facebook, is Leah's painted gourds and pumpkin. So cute!

Franken Gourd and Count Gourdula
And I love how she brightened up my stained slippers.




This week's art club project was to decorate small gourd bowls.


Stephan was at the Milwaukee zoo carving pumpkins with a fellow-carver.

King of the Coral

I helped a friend hang her wildlife photography at the local cafe, The Bridge. Do you have a favorite?




I so enjoy turning my little watercolor-lessons into cards for notes of encouragement. This week I was surprised at how many had gone out.


I decided to give away of an assortment of my other cards to those who leave comments this week.

What did Michael do all week? A little bit of everything keeps him going all the time. He feeds the bees and the birds, cuts wood for the winter, maintains the cars and house, makes me breatkfast and often other meals, researches a variety of interests online, listens to podcasts, but his main focus is robotics. We are grateful for new and younger mentors who now help carry the load.
Saturday was the last competition of the year--CAGE. Team 1720 made it to semifinals despite a few robot failures. I watched all of PhyXTGear's qualifying matches (5 wins, 1 loss), alliance selection (#3 seed moved up to #2), and the semifinal (after the long power outage).
Strong winds knocked the power out briefly a few times here, but in Indianapolis for nearly an hour and a half.

Alliance selection
What do you do when there's no electricity?
The competition was called off only seconds or minutes before the lights went back on. So the event proceeded but with single eliminations only.


2 comments:

  1. hello Rita! enjoy your blog! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the art in this post! You and Leah (and your mother) are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!