Tuesday, November 20, 2018

2018 Week 46: Ice Storm

Our first light snowfall was November 9, then Thursday this week a hard and lingering ice storm.


Sunday was friend Trisha's birthday. In the afternoon she was showered with gifts for her coming baby .


Monday, my friend Petey and I enjoyed  lunch at Payne's. Her Tuna and Walnut Bourriche was so beautifully presented, we both took pictures, simultaneously!


Tuesday, was the anniversary of my brother Lynn's homegoing. I looked back at the album I prepared last year. So many of the photos speak to me of sweet times together. These are only a few from the very early years.


The ice storm halted many activities and plans, even Taylor University cancelled classes till noon.
Our bird friends didn't seem to notice.


Friday we hosted two families from our community. Michael did most of the cooking. My role is to decorate and clean before and after. 


Saturday was a big day away. We had three people to see in Winona Lake--Ashley, Mother, and Malachi.
Michael's great niece's basketball team from Silver Lake College in Wisconsin played Grace at 2:00 P.M. Isn't she cute?


Mother was ever so surprised and pleased to see Michael. He's on his knees here replacing the batteries in her hearing aids. "I don't need them when I'm all alone," she said.


In the dining room Michael entertained the ladies with jokes and I took pictures and sent a selfie to Joene's daughter in Florida.
Can you believe these three widows represent more than 100 years of missionary service.


The final event was the final performance of Peter and the Starcatcher at 7:30 P.M. in Grace's Little Theatre. Malachi played at least a couple of roles--Mack and Hawking Clam.


It was a fun day. And now we look forward to more family togetherness for the Thanksgiving holiday! We are so thankful for each one and how God has been at work in our midst.

1 comment:

  1. I know we'll get ice down here at some point this winter, but it's nice that it won't happen as frequently as it does up yonder way! It is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!