Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Birthdays


Cousin Karin's Sunday bouquet
 Monday morning I woke up and began singing Happy Birthday to myself. Then I said, "Let's go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast." This is rather uncharacteristic, my behavior, my idea. But we went!


I wrote a birthday post based on one of my father's messages.

It was a good day filled with many good wishes. The finale was when we went to Stephan and Karen's for Monday Night Dinner. As we arrived they were singing "76 Trombones." The special plate awaited me. Stephan served a delicious meal and Karen a delectable Crème Brûlée for dessert.

Michael unfortunately had to deal with a broken phone. Off and on throughout the week he's been working on making ear savers and filling several orders. 

A 3,500 order to ship to Chicago
Our lovely neighbors came over for some honey, and a few rides on the zip line.


Did you know that May 20 was World Bee Day? A friend sent me the link to a coloring contest.


My bones, at least in my ankle, are healing well. However, I had to have two teeth extracted, and now have these little temporary ones for four to six months while the post and bone grafting heal. I'm not thrilled but other scenarios are far worse than mine.


Our lovely daughter got some test results this week that lead to a long journey ahead. She is coping with the symptoms as best she knows, and facing each step forward with as much courage as possible.

Michael has enjoyed the Saturday bike rides with a small group out of Muncie. This week they rode close to 90 miles. However, he took a tumble and may have a broken rib.



I ventured out to the store and met Skye and Destiny, getting salad fixin's for their contribution to our family get together Sunday.


What a lovely pasta salad. Thanks, Destiny!


Kalani was introduced to everyone. He is two months old now.



Skye's cute little family

Steph n' Karen 
Nana Leah



Sam n' boys
Oh, but one is missing. Where is he?

Aha! Elijah found a Ruby! 
Oh, my, I am missing pics of a few family members. I do believe, however, that I got to talk with each one. That is my goal and what I treasure in my heart.

I may have captured some of the others in the video of them singing the crazy Koch birthday song.


 Actually they were singing for all the birthdays we missed in March as well as Michael's only two days away. Sorry, no photo of the other cake.


2 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday to you! Looks like you had a nice week (tooth extraction notwithstanding). I've been on the implant road too - there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it takes a bit to get there. As I recall, my "substitute tooth" would NOT stay put, so I gave up & didn't mess with it. I finally got used to feeling the post in there. I wish you well on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!