Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Setbacks

Another colorful bouquet from Dayton, TN. I wonder how long cousin Karin's flowers bloom? We will certainly miss them in winter.


I posed a question last week about the big boxes our strong grandsons were unloading for us. Did you guess the contents correctly (pull-out sofa bed from IKEA)?
Anybody want to build play houses with the boxes? They're still available.


Michael attempted one last Neowise comet sighting, this time with friend Bob Craton on his property on the other side of Upland. I went along and had a delightful visit with his wife Linda on their idyllic back deck.


For 23 years, July 29 we remembered two birthdays in our family. Mother would have been 99 this time. I love this picture which brings back favorite memories of when I'd stay overnight. After breakfast, we'd read the Bible together. When she lost her voice about two years ago, her expressive reading was over. She is no longer limited in any way!

Mother now with the Author!                                        Skye, now a Dad!

Thursday afternoon, my lovely landscape crew (the Blakely three) met me at Jim Slater's (local lily-grower) for a tour of his garden. We learned a lot and delighted in the remaining beauties though it is late in the season.

Michael (and anyone from the PhyXTGears who will help) landed a big order for table dividers for a nearby school. Lot of work ahead. For starters this week--measurements, algebraic calculations, and shopping for all the materials.

He also cut a large order of ear savers, which I helped clean, punch out and package.

Saturday I set about to use up all the frozen bananas accumulating in the freezer. Believe it or not, most of these breads are given or gone by now. 


Sunday I delivered the GF muffins and ear savers to Kristie, Made my day just to see them and chat for a bit, though they were careful about social distancing, just in case, due to a fever Jude developed on the first day of school. 


Friends in Argentina wrote that they are on Phase 1 shutdown again. Some here are feeling uncertainty about further setbacks. Those going back to school are wondering how things will play out. So here is my prayer for us from the Apostle Paul:
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.      [emphasis added]                                                                       Romans 15:13 NLT

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT guess a pull-out sofa! I think I guessed shelves?

    That banana bread looks really really good - I'm feeling rather peckish & could use a slice (or three) right now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!