Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Major Deadlines

Cousin Karin in Dayton, TN, sent a photo of her first bouquet of the season--bright yellow daffodils and white Lenten roses.


No such blooms in our neck of the woods yet. So, here is my watercolor exercise of the week--a blooming cactus. I aim to attempt one tutorial a week on an evening when Michael is at robotics.



In his spare time Michael has been dabbling in watercolor and learning techniques in his usual way--watching YouTube videos and practicing. He is very patient that way. I barely manage to last for one tutorial.
The first half of the week he worked at Stephan's preparing the post holes for the big cement pour on Wednesday. It was hard physical labor. When the younger helpers were there, he chose a somewhat lighter role. For many more photos and a good description of the building process, follow Karen's blog: Meanwhile in Indiana.


Rebecca was here twice, Tuesdays we go through the Basics Jr. lesson of the week--goodness. She always anticipates which fruit of the Spirit comes next. 
She helps me walk the trash bin up to the top of the lane for the Wednesday pick-up. She enjoys racing me on the way back up, and winning, of course.
Friday, I picked her up from school for her first virtual piano lesson here.


It was an intense week for our resident film major: a portfolio deadline; a search and screen tests of needed characters to play in the narrative film (senior project), and major work to put on the big annual event of the Film Department--Envision. I captured this screen shot of Kendra managing the Steadicam, back breaking work. As if that were not enough, she is in a class training for a marathon and very dutifully drags her tired body out to run miles almost every day!


Friday, before the Screening and Awards program, Kendra received a beautiful congratulatory bouquet from Zack!


That evening we celebrated with our firstborn on his 50th birthday! I had been working on his gift, a sweatshirt blanket, since January, little by little, some seams ripped out more than once. He was kind to overlook the imperfections.

Stephan: "My wife gave my mom my old Ice Alaska sweatshirts and here’s what she made me!"


Over the weekend I spent much time reading for the publication deadline on the 15th--polishing both English and Spanish versions of Chapter 2 of My Argentina and finding appropriate photos.


I do better with deadlines, however, this project looms big--a leap of faith?

Have you taken on a seemingly impossible task, by faith?

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see the return of the bouquets! Your cactus looks marvelous! You have so much talent. In fact, your whole family is lousy with talent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Bug!
      The "whole family 'lousy' talent" has been such a surprise, a late discovery.

      Delete
  2. Deadlines are good in writing. They force us to get the words down and move on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!