Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Friends, highlights of Week #32

Cousin Karin says her flowers are not as plentiful anymore. I appreciate each bouquet. I think they make great blog post  openers.


A humorous God-appointment happened Sunday. We had wanted to get together with a couple who had last invited us over for food and games. I suggested to Michael that Sundays after church were easier to schedule than to try to find an open evening throughout the week. And we certainly had an abundance of food, Michael's specials--bread, gazpacho, ice cream and my zucchini brownies.
So, he looked up the name of the friend to text. It wasn't till someone else responded with, "Sorry, we are on our way back from Colorado," that he realized he'd sent the invite to a group, his hiking buddies! We had no idea how large the party would become. However, it was perfect, a fun time with friends.


Monday, we met with more friends, old friends (well, about our age) from long ago. In fact, Fred was the best man at our wedding.


Instead of coming to Upland, they met us at Stephan's place where Mike was working so they could see the progress on the house. When I took Karen for a tour of the whole property, we admired Stephan's storybook bench. 


Tuesday, I took sis-in-law Diane for a little outing to a nearby coffee shop. The art displayed is quite unique.


Wednesday, Michael went camping with his hiking buddies to Shades State Park, a beautiful restful time. 


Meanwhile, I was very focused on writing a new chapter. Until now I'd been able to work on previously written pieces. I knew they would run out sometime, and that day came sooner than I anticipated. My self-imposed twice-a-month deadlines will keep me busy from now on.
Even so, I took off Thursday afternoon and put in a couple hours helping to paint the mural. It was a great break. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with the other painters as I worked my way across the lower part giving a second coat or cleaning up the edges of the dark green waves of grass.


I try to maintain my walking goals, always noticing new things along the way. 

Both dead?

A writer friend called some time ago for comments about my visit with two grandsons to Minnetrista's Bob Ross Exhibit. She quoted me in her article and gave me a copy of the magazine!

I was able to send chapter 12 to my translator to work on over the weekend, which is when he has time. Whew! So grateful to meet that deadline! 

Here is a teaser. Come back August 15 to My Argentina to find out what these few photos are about.


I certainly would love to hear about the highlights of your week!

2 comments:

  1. I love the mural! That definitely brightens up a plain wall. I really wish there was somewhere near me to hike, but in all honesty there probably IS and I haven't looked hard enough.

    The highlight of my week is that I was able to give blood yesterday. My iron has been too low for MONTHS now, (one of the reasons for my recent colonoscopy) but yesterday it was fine. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news--blood/iron improvement after months!
    Happy hike-hunting ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!