Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Transitions

This week I was made aware of a these lovely pink lilies popping up everywhere, Lycoris squamigera, rightfully referred to as Surprise Lily or Resurrection Lily, also naked ladies ;-).


All of our family young ones are in school now. Sam and Kristie's boys in Greenfield system, where she works as an ABA (Applied Behavior Analyst), began in July. Karen started a new teaching job, 8th grade English in Alexandria, on  August 4, one day before her birthday.

July 29: Elijah (11), Zion (6), Jude (3)

Rebecca enjoys riding the school bus this year.
August 10: Rebecca (2)

A good article appeared in the Chronicle Tribune a couple days later. Surprise, Rebecca on the front page!
Students, staff, smiles return to Eastbrook

She also started ballet lessons. Piano has not begun just yet because her teacher just had a baby! 
Wednesday we did meet little Reuben and delivered a meal and gift. 


Thursday was Moriah's final move, the last items out of her room here and all into her own apartment in Indianapolis. Her job at Allison Transmissions begins Monday the 16th.


Friday I took Leah for her long delayed hernia surgery. And, surprise!, the surgeon found a second hidden one nearby. The double repair was successful, no mesh needed. Leah is glad to have that over, but she's dealing with the pain now.


Saturday, the 14th, was Rebecca's 7th birthday. Matt and Kayla are wonderful party hosts. The occasion has become an annual ALL family gathering with cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, several great grandmas, even one 91 year-old great great grandparent!


As life moves on from one season to another, through many transitions and changes, both good and bad, joyful and painful, I am reminded that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever! (Heb. 13:8)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Rebecca is 7! Where does the time go? I'm glad Leah's surgery was successful. And I love surprise lilies! I used to see them all the time in my Xenia neighborhood. I don't see them down here, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't here - I'm just sometimes (often) oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a memory stimulator: We were visiting you at the time of Rebecca's 2nd birthday - many people to meet! Unbelievable, five years since then.
    I'm so glad to hear that Leah's surgery went well. It is now a few days later as I write, so I hope she is free from most pain.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!