Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Week 41's Miscellany



When I looked back on Week 41 there were hardly any photos. I listed the important happenings of the week as part of "remembering, reflecting, recording." (I read somewhere it's supposed to help you live a longer and more fulfilling life.) Even so, the weekly photo-journal came together once again. (Thanks to all whose photos I've "borrowed.") 

Cousin Karin sent this photo especially for me/us, a bright zinnia bouquet. Thank you, Karin!


I had asked sister-in-law Raquel for a selfie, after failing to take a picture of them when we were there last week. I received this happy family pic. Thank you!


I promised to share more about our ultra eventful last weekend. Sunday evening, we celebrated Kayla's upcoming 30th birthday (Tuesday, October 5) with a fondue. This one photographic memory of the party reveals the serious decline of my photography, both in quantity and quality.


As always, the littlest family member was the center of attention. Auntie Kayla is so good at leading little ones in song and movement. Kalani followed right along with The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Baby Shark.


I managed to get in only one longer walk this week. 


I try to observe seasonal changes--the colors, new growth, things I hadn't noticed before. 


I've also been preparing the outdoor potted plants for wintering indoors. I rescued some little spider plant starters and had fun using Michael's pottery experiments to grow them in. 


I discovered that the mums planted last fall came back and blossomed. I was taking a picture of them at the same time that my friend in Argentina sent me a pic of their spring flowers. 

There was one more birthday in the family this week. Friday the 8th of October Jude turned nine.


Stephan was in Holland, Michigan, over the weekend, carving pumpkins for a fall festival. I love this fairy tale ensemble. How many of you know the story? He was surprised that some passersby did not. Most onlookers complimented his work and preferred it to the typical scary Halloween themes.

Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum . . . 

During the week the spray foam insulation was installed in Stephan and Karen's new house. They tell me it was fun to watch. Next comes the dry wall.


Moriah came Friday evening to spend Taylor Homecoming here. She drove straight from work and looked very professional. She brought and cooked a wonderful meal for us. It is hard to believe that I did not take any pictures that day of such a splendid occasion.

Saturday morning I woke up early enough to go for the Homecoming 5K. Moriah wanted to join me, but had to go to Dollar General when it opened at 8:00 and buy appropriate shoes. The good news was that the race was scheduled for 8:30. The bad news was that they changed the route from in town to the Taylor cross country trail, and she couldn't find it. Nevertheless, she persisted and arrived 10 minutes after the start of the race, ran it backwards to meet me and we wogged (walk/jog) together! Wasn't that sweet!
I saw this dad ahead of me carrying his child but never knew if and when they finished. I was the last one and by that time the party was over, everybody except the organizers had left. 


Meanwhile, Michael was at Stephan's place in case the dry wall delivery and crew had any questions or needed anything. But, in the evening we were all home again and managed to play Splendor together like old times. I finally remembered to capture the moment.


We even took a selfie before she left Sunday morning. Ah, but I still regret missing the lovely plated meal and Moriah's professional engineer look.



1 comment:

  1. You won't get the meal photo, but you should tell you to have Moriah send you a bathroom selfie in her work attire :)

    I love the juxtaposition of the fall mums & spring flowers - what a big and interesting world we live in!

    Oh, and I guessed the story before I saw your caption. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!