Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 14


Sunday
We were still recovering from being sick all week, not yet in condition to go to church.
A good soup was in order. I had just seen it on the Avec Eric show.


Monday
I watched YouTube videos to learn about my new phone (HTC Incredible). I will need many more sessions to master its many incredible features.


Tuesday
Spring break was over for our student trainers so I went back to exercise class. Mike was feeling well enough to go to the weekly robotics meeting.


Skye was over here all evening. He started to work on memorizing the required Bible verses for Miracle Camp. He was soon sound asleep. I thought it was a lost cause. However, when he came the next day, the first thing he did was quote Acts 4:12! Was it memorization by osmosis?

Wednesday
The blossoming ballerinas at Center Stage are practicing for Nationals this summer. When I went to pick Kayla up I got in on some of the fun.


Thursday
Two ladies and I visited a friend who moved away recently. She now lives in what she calls her dream home next to a beautiful ranch.


 This is the view from her kitchen window. I like the through-the-screen effect that makes it look like a canvas.


Friday
I spent all day in Fort Wayne at a writer's conference using every moment and each conversation to hone my skills and connect with others. A great day, but no photographs.
That night I stayed at Mother's and visited with brother Lynn who is up from South Carolina for a few days.

Saturday
Lynn took us out to breakfast.


The rest of the time was spent getting ready to celebrate Dad's 90th birthday.
I made empanadas for the first time, that I can remember anyway. I will, however, post a photo of the SIL's because they were prettier.

(Photo by Tina)




Happy birthday, Daddy!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week, happy birthday to your dad.

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy week but fun for sure! Happy happy to your dad...90 years..that is great! Those empanadas look delish! And love the ballet pic...brings back lots of happy reminders of my good ole days in pointe shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are starting to feel better! This was a long haul for you guys!!!

    Happy birthday to your dad!! 90..that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gald to hear you are finally feeling better. Nice your family can be with your father on his 90th birthday. Empanadas abe beautiful. Did you make the attractive cake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 90???? That's fantastic! Happy Birthday to your dad!!!!

    ALways love a dance studio..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those empanadas look delicious!
    And I too love the picture taken through the screen which makes it look like canvas... very cool!
    Thanks for sharing pictures of Grandma and Granpa... I always enjoy seeing them.
    Happy Birthday Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm - I would LOVE an empanada - they look great! Happy birthday to your dad.

    I'm glad you were feeling better. I had to laugh about the memorization through osmosis - I know I've hoped that worked when I was in college :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your dad's 90th birthday! But flowers and pink on his cake?

    I did like the effect of the screen in that picture, it does look a lot like a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you were sick, but soup is definitely the way to go.

    Love the screened-window shot. You're right. It DOES look like canvas.

    You know? I've never had an empanada in my life! Wish I could try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have made apple empanadas and they were delish....but have not done it in a long time. Tell me more about the Agape Riding Center it sounds like a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!