Saturday, November 7, 2015

2015 Week 45

Michael said goodbye to his hunting buddies on Sunday and headed back home. Two long days of driving 

Nephew Jeff and his son Cody; brother Terry not pictured

Meanwhile back here, we celebrated Sam's 37th birthday with family fun, laughter and food.


Monday our tap class started up again after four months, and with a new member. More fun!
We are learning a new dance and reviewing steps and routines we'd nearly forgotten.


We've had very mild temperatures this week. But I think Tuesday may have been Rebecca's last stroll with us. Indian summer will soon be over.

The cutest little owl ever

Michael arrived late Monday, and Tuesday jumped right back into his many activities. I caught him here just back from a bike ride, checking his email before taking a shower.


A lot of catching-up awaited him, including installing the new microwave. Mike had tried ordering parts and doing the repairs himself, but in the end had to order a new one.


We were without a microwave oven for about a month and got used to old-fashioned ways. I was reminded of when we returned to the US in 1983. Microwaves were somewhat of a luxury back then, but rapidly becoming essential kitchen equipment. We did without for some time, then one day Mike surprised us with a small $100 microwave. We've been spoiled ever since.

Today was the annual Craft Fest at the Red Barn. Several years we participated as venders to sell Mike's unique thrown pottery. Not this year. While Mike was at a robotics-sponsored event, I went to see what I could find.
Here's Jenni showing off her friend's cute aprons made from shirts purchased at Goodwill.


It's been a stressfull week, a mix of work, joys, and some painful situations.
I was reminded of my dear friend Viola's favorite promise from Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through some painful situations... but that Rebecca is soothing to look at (wish I could smooch her cheeks - is that creepy? No!).

    When I was in Zambia I had to learn to cook without a microwave. Well, let's face it, I had to learn to cook, period. Ha! It was interesting - but really you can make junk food just as easily in the oven :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!