Monday, May 14, 2018

2018 Week 19: Saying goodby

 We are enjoying the ever-changing beauties of the season, each wave of flowers that come and go.

The last bouquet
The lane is bordered by yellow blossoms which also sprinkle the lawn profusely. We are now enclosed in our haven barely able to distinguish neighboring houses or approaching vehicles.


Jimmy, on the other hand was enjoying the open beauty of a Florida beach over the weekend as he worked long hours on an AC installation for his step-dad. I enjoyed our conversation when I gave him a ride from the airport Monday.


Sunday afternoon was Kayla's Cornerstone students' Spring Celebration. She directed 11 group performances and all with a broken toe! We are so proud of her.
The combined Youth Ballet classes was her favorite number. She also loves directing Musical Theatre--the Wizard of Oz this time. 
Kayla is so proud of her students and grateful for the parents who help to provide costumes and props.


Our own little ballerina's recital is coming up soon. 

Center Stage Dance Studio in Upland

Monday, I peeked in on Rebecca's class at Center Stage before going to our last L.I.T.E. class of the semester. We surprised our student trainers with cards and gifts, and they surprised us with the visit of a former trainer recently returned from an internship in Uganda. We also had some shower gifts for  Jonah, a senior getting married in a few weeks.


At Stephan's that night, it was fun to see neighbor-friend-faithful attender Jasmine, wearing her first-day-on-the-new-job outfit.


Tuesday, the robotics' team resumed their meetings after a 10-day break and I finished and submitted the article about the  team's experience at the World Championship. 



Wednesday was the beginning of a season of mourning: a vibrant promising young Taylor student died. (Taylor University mourns the loss of a beloved student.) We knew her and her family.
I am reminded of a very accomplished and vivacious young woman (my cousin twice removed) who,  a few years ago, also ended her life to the utter shock of all who knew her.
To everyone reading this: PLEASE know that your life is precious; you are loved; no matter what pain you may be feeling it does not compare to the hole you'd leave behind.

We had a little visitor to cheer us Thursday. Sophie came with grandpa Ian becuase, she said, "I've never been to a painting class." 


Perhaps next time Rebecca can join us at art club too! Meanwhile, I'm borrowing this favorite Instagram.


I also spent time with my dear friend Darlene. I always enjoy hearing her stories.


 Friday was my last meeting with these lovely students. I was their client for the class project. They gave me a wonderful gift--a customized plan to work on my author platform!


Saturday was a very somber day, starting with Meghan Freer's funeral. I was feeling down most of the day. It didn't help matters when I heard that the play we'd been looking forward to attending was sold out and we had no tickets. 

Bilbo Baggins faces Smaug the dragon
Michael encouraged me to go anyway, just in case. I was able to get in and thoroughly enjoyed "The Hobbit" performed by many of our community young friends and directed by a long-ago student of mine!

BTW, he preferred to stay home and play with his toys--the many teeny parts to the mini-satellite. Actually, it is his constant all-consuming focus at the moment.

Dining room table cum Near Space Launch studio
This photo-journal blog has become a one-way conversation. I sure would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of that young life. Death is always hard, but when the person has her life in front of her...

    Your enclave is looking lovely! I love all the green... And of course "my" Rebecca picture :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!