Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Summer Doldrums


Cousin Karin's weekly bouquet features the Taylor University colors, purple and gold, which in turn reminds me to say that these last weeks we've enjoyed a few lunch time visits with Moriah, now a senior TU student working on a summer research project on campus. 

These bright yellow lilies by the mail box, finally burst open this week.


I missed a couple photos last week. Michael loves to ride his bike. (Emphasis intentional and not an exaggeration.) He's been logging between 150 and 200 miles per week. Saturdays he joins a group for a longer ride out of Muncie. These pics are actually from Friday, July 3. The others rode on the 4th  also, and they often ride Sundays as well. It's safe to say that they are even more obsessed with their bicycles! Can anyone venture a guess at the age of one female rider?



The last few weeks photos have surfaced, in the FB memories, of our visits six, seven and ten years ago to the Basque Country where Michael was part of a group that rode around that beautiful region. We have such fond memories. After the last tour in 2014, he underwent surgery for prostate cancer. He is very grateful to still be riding.

One of our favorite towns in the mountains of Northern Spain--Onati, a very Basque town

The day of his surgery, July 9 (nueve de julio--Argentina's Independence Day) 2014, coincided with the World Cup Semi Finals. In his hospital room, with a tiny television and poor reception, we strained to watch the Argentina - Netherlands match.

July 9 is also Leah's adopted birthday. We celebrated with her favorite sandwich lunch at The Bridge. Then I wrote her adoption story.


And here is bright-eyed Kalani, her grandson, excitedly interacting with his abuela (my chosen title is actually incorrect, should be bisabuela).


After many months of not painting, I dug out my watercolors and followed a tutorial for an evening hour of recreation.

Succulent
Mostly my creativity has been limited to knitting while we watch a show or movie, using up yarn scraps.
 

I cannot fail to mention that Michael continues to experiment with making bread and cheese. He added pickled fish to his exploits!  

What are your creative outlets?

1 comment:

  1. Leah as an infant is ADORABLE! And I love the look on Kalani's face :) Also, your painting and knitwear look great!

    I've been trying to finish up some crochet WIPs, but I'm taking my own sweet time about it - ha!

    Oh oh oh - our ear savers came yesterday! Thank you so much! I have one mask in particular that I'm going to use it for (the mask is too loose & the ear saver enables me to adjust it just right). Can't wait to hand them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!