Thursday, October 29, 2020

Writing, walks, visitors

I'm late reporting on Week 43 as I was very focused on the chapter I was writing. The deadline I set for myself was fast approaching! About a month ago I said I'd be ready to present at Writers' Bloc by the end of the month. Whew! That took a lot of fascinating research!

So what happened last week? Trying to remember. . . not many photos to help.

Karin's flowers are still coming. She titled this bouquet "Dahlia Delight."

I had a dahlia plant I brought in to enjoy longer. Don't know whether it will make it.

 

Moriah has had more free time this semester it seems. One day she decided to make apple fritters! Then she invited an engineering student we had not met, one of the few females in the department.



Rebecca and I enjoyed a walk in the beautiful outdoors, then painted some rocks we found. We watched the Bible story video for Basics Jr. about how King David showed kindness to the crippled son of his best friend by inviting him to live with him in the palace and eat at his table. The name Mephibosheth was a challenge to pronounce for both Rebecca and Emily her leader when they had their phone conversation.  



Another delightful walk on a beautiful afternoon, this time Michael and Moriah joined me to see what the the Upland trail was like. 


Michael had already come back from his Saturday bicycle ride, the second near 40 mile distance for the week. He continues to busy himself on many fronts, cutting and gathering wood, looking after the bees and caring for many tasks needing done. He is also working on fixing and improving some of the robotics' shop equipment by using a newly given 3D printer set up in his office. (Can you find both of us in this photo?)




Our daughter visited us old folks one evening! What an honor!


We got to meet some of Moriah's Chic-Fil-A co-workers when we went to an open house for former robotics friends.


About robotics--meetings start up next week in an effort to rebuild the team and resume the program.

2 comments:

  1. Those dahlias are lovely! And the day you walked on the trail was gorgeous! Are you "excited" about becoming a robotics widow again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! This is the first night with students and already I'm missing him being home for the evening.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!