Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Transitions

We had a few beautifully sunny days and somewhat warmer days, very inviting to go out for walks. 


Michael also took advantage of clear days to continue felling trees, cutting up huge logs, splitting wood, adding to the winter supply.

Most other days he was at Stephan's hanging light fixtures.

Son Sam worked there also installing kitchen cabinets.


Karen continues to blog about the house-progress.

I spent a few days on my various blogs. This weekly one is the least time-consuming. The two versions of my life stories, English and Spanish required more time to edit, review the translation and schedule to publish chapter 19 - Life in the Big House - for the December 1st deadline. 

Wednesday was the last Basics program for the year. Rebecca and I got to hang out together. When I dropped her off at home after, I realized I hadn't taken a picture in her holiday outfit, so she posed for me in front of their lovely Christmas tree. (Oops, her head is falling off ;-)


The robotics team is gearing up for the new season to begin in early January so they transitioned to two meetings per week. I stopped by on my way home from Muncie and enjoyed seeing how much fun the students were having putting the robot back together.


As I walked out, I looked through old photos and found this one of Sam from the time Elijah had been on the team. 
I had just spent time with Sam. He joined me at a meeting in Muncie. I was greatly relieved to hear from him the doctor's assessment of the recent MRIs. Comparing the recent ones with the previous ones taken in 2016, he did not see a significant enough change in the cyst to warrant any action. This is a great relief.

Friday evening we welcomed Bethany who is on home assignment from her work in Tanzania with Mavuno Village, a family-style orphanage.

We found out she loves to play games too. So we had a fun time playing Splendor first. Then she introduced us to a new game she had with her--AZUL.


Saturday she began her long drive to Philadelphia after more good conversation at breakfast and a quick selfie. We are truly grateful for the friends who find their way to our home, the blessing of living in the Crossroads of America.


Saturday evening we attended a Christmas performance at The Commons Theatre in Alexandria. Our friend Tamara was one of the directors (and I borrowed this photo from her FB page).


As if Michael had not done enough, at the end of a busy Sunday, he decided to make bread!

"What kind shall I make? What shall I listen to in the process?"



We slowly transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I envy those who are able to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. Somehow it has never worked for me. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. Karen & Stephan's house is truly a family affair! It's all very exciting. So is that bread that Michael made - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. SOMETIMES we decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but it's usually later. This year I put ornaments on the tree over a week after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!