Help yourself to the neighborly sweets
and gaze at the little ones we miss each year.Most of all reach out to the Babe in the manger:
"Come into my heart, Lord Jesus."
This was a somewhat poetic attempt at an entry for the BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes, and a less than successful decorating deadline.
- The tree has no ornaments yet. (Any ideas for toning it down?)
- Mary and Joseph made by my wheelchair-bound friend Viola--a traditional welcome! (Her husband is with Jesus as of a month ago today.)
- Santa's train reminds me of when consuegra (co-inlaw) Debby was staying with us and we wrapped gifts together and piled them on the steps all the way up the stairs.
- The only treats I can offer you are those given by neighbors and friends.
- Yearly photos of the grandkids on Santa's lap are part of traditional decor.
- Often, as we read the Christmas story the little ones each had a nativity set to 'act' it out.
Such as it is, enjoy!