Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Week 7: Superbowl Sunday

Superbowl Sunday

 

  
Which family pic do you like best?

Monday, the day Mike nearly cut off his finger. No, not because it was causing him to sin, but he did do something stupid, he learned later. He was sawing aluminum and came at it from the wrong direction which pulled his hand in. It was fortunate, a miracle, God's angels protecting or all of the above, that he did not lose part of his left index. He drove himself to the ER (he was working alone, another non-safe aspect) and has been cleaning and redressing it every day since and is NOT happy with the way it was stitched in the beginning.


Tuesday  my weekly state-of-the-desk report is due. Here's an update on surrounding areas:
  • I cleared the pool table, removed the cover and brushed it in time for the arrival of family on Sunday (now covered again and used for sorting); 
  • I moved my collection of children's books to a smaller bookshelf unit plus two boxes to give away; 
  • I rearranged stuff on the shelf next to my desk under the window (trophies, plaques, ribbons from 5K races where I came in near the end but first or second in my age group *smile*). Take a look.

 



Setting my house in order is an ongoing process, so is the writing project. The assignment due Wednesday was the dateline of events for the book + list of background historic and/or human nature topics, and my research plan. 

The snow and ice kept up all week. Our grands had three or four snow and/or two-hour delay days.

 
This view from the kitchen window, prompted me to enter the following in my DIL's haiku contest:
Eight inches of snow
icing on picnic table
bury fun mem'ries.

Friday evening I spent with the three younger grandboys so mom and dad could go to a movie. 

Saturday: an enjoyable evening with friends, a good meal and some Winter Olympics.



Here's another sweet picture to end with on Valentine's Day. The daughter found this old photo of us this week, and I rediscovered the kissing bears :)




Some tatters and patches, but still in love! 

9 comments:

  1. oh my word, just hearing what he did to his finger made me cringe!!! yikes! Thank you Jesus for protecting him!

    so fun with the grands!

    and a very cute picture!

    I love my butter bell! and it looks perfect in my kitchen and with my dishes! perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love both of those family superbowl photos...what a fun time it looks like you all had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Uncle Mike is ok after his finger accident...
    Very cute picture of you and Uncle Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Glad he didn't cut the digit off. What was he cutting the aluminum for? A house repair project or something to do with Klaytivity?

    Last photo of the photo -- so cute! :-)

    Keep hearing how much snow y'all are getting. Record amounts in a record number of states...and we're having record-breaking heat. I told Tina when we skyped yesterday that I'd like to rub my face in the snow. LOL A storm rolled in right after we talked and cooled things down nicely. PTL! It's supposed to get cooler this week and I AM READY!

    Good job on your cleaning/sorting/organizing! I still have a lot of that to do -- both here and in Sta. Rosa -- this coming week before our friends arrive. Working much slower because of my back, but hopeful I can get it all done.

    What's your next organizing project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a Super Bowl-watching crew!! (I like the crazy family photo the best!)
    So sorry about Mike's finger!! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad his finger is ok. Praise God!
    Was anyone with a Saints shirt allowed in on Sunday? :)
    I love your photo and the bears. Perfect way to end Valentine's Day!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first pic of the Colt's wearing family! Too bad they didn't win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Mike heals up quickly and to his liking! :)

    Oh, your organzing is coming along. I took all the stacks off my desk, scooped them into a big tote to hide for a birthday party and now I'm diggin out the tote. :(

    Loved the old photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!