Saturday, October 2, 2010

2010 Week 40

Sunday was a busy day. I taught the first - third graders in Junior Church: God cares for all He has created. John 3:16
Elijah had spent the night with us, so he helped me. Right after that we joined Mike in Fairmount for the wrap-up of the James Dean festival. As we were packing up, a farmer came by and bought three of the horsehair pieces.


Monday, and the following were busy days--Mike at the Red Barn, me catching up and teaching.
I thought we might not make it to Monday Meal, but we were able to go and enjoy the company of our circle of friends. The fun before the food is one of the best parts. Here three are singing and being silly as they roll out chapatis.


Friend Laurie and I finally got together again and I met the new family member, Lucy.


On a long walk through town I passed the very first house we had lived in when we came back to the USA. It is sad to see it abandoned and in disrepair.


Thursday after my class, we were planning to take off right away on a mini tandem-circuit vacation. It took longer to get ready than anticipated but we were able to get in the 49 miles by sunset.




Two days of beautiful weather, but hard riding into the wind most of the way.
The joke I hear most often is, "You don't have to work; you're just along for the ride." Yeah, right!
OK, I can close my eyes, cross my arms or take pictures, but I canNOT stop pedaling, and I better be pulling my weight or I hear about it from the Captain!


The second day we were saddle sore and had to take a few more breaks off the bike.


We are at Mother's for two nights. Today, our rest day, we had a great time wandering the Village at Winona and talking to the Fall Festival artists and vendors. The first exhibit was that of a young woman with very similar experiences as Mike since taking up pottery a little over a year ago.


6 comments:

  1. Wow...49 miles...that is amazing. Love the shadow picture, very clever. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that puppy is so sweet!!!

    I once visited the house we lived in when we were first married and it had not been taken care of....so sad. we had many great memories there.

    LOVE the pictures on the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so sad to me when people let buildings go to ruin like that.

    You took great pics on your bike. I've never been on a tandem bike, so I can't imagine what it's like to be able to pedal while taking a picture! I am still in shock that you guys rode 49 miles! Has anyone ever told you that y'all are amazing?! Never a dull moment, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house we lived in when we were first married has been torn down - very sad. Fortunately it's in another state & not somewhere we'll probably get back to so I don't have to look at it!

    LOVE the tandem bike shadow picture! And I love how fit & active you guys are! I think the name of your blog tends to give one the wrong impression LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Impressive on the bikes!

    A friend just returned from her vacation and she brought me home a small clay horse hair piece. It was beautiful!

    It has been over five years since we moved out of our first home and I still have not had the courage to go back, I want to keep my memories alive of what it use to look like. I have heard that it has not been kept up and I don't think I could take seeing it uncared for!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoulda made it clear it was 49 miles THE FIRST DAY. lol How many miles did you end up going altogether?

    Those were very cool pics from the bike! My fav is the shadow one.

    Can't wait to see y'all in just over a month!!!

    P.S. I can bring back my vase!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!