Tuesday, February 2, 2021

End of Month One 2021

The bouquet Michael brought home midweek is lasting longer than I expected. Not so this first month of 2021!


The last week in January started with Sunday services - always uplifting; a challenging afternoon hike through the woods; and an evening of cooking and baking. The girls took turns working with Michael to make their specialties or join in his inventions.


Kendra's "Cambodian Ramen Noodles" and her family specialty "Forgotten Cookies"


Michael and Moriah's "Berries and Pudding" pies


The robotics program is in full swing, though very different from other years--fewer students, reduced meeting times, same robot undergoing improvements, and no official FIRST events. The few faithful students seem to be learning and enjoying the experience.


Michael has spent many hours at the shop preparing, making parts, repairing equipment, and assisting Moriah. The J-term senior project class required her to put in 40 hours a week. Her experience and skills were best utilized welding sections of the huge structure they are building. She spent many hours and days in the cold building adjacent to the PhyXTGears shop.


Rebecca was here one afternoon and I experimented on her to learn how to use the very clever turtle hair piece Michael made me for Christmas. (Some of you may know that I have a turtle collection.)


BTW, how do you like this hair piece? 😊
We were invited to dinner Wednesday evening, and I could not resist this photo opportunity as I looked across at our hostess.


Nor could I miss this one the next day, when I dropped in on my lovely consuegra (co-in law) for a quick visit. She is still recovering from knee surgery.


The third hike of the week was on the way to our anniversary getaway. The Kokowanee trail on the Salamonie river is a very interesting one.


What you see down in the middle is a frozen waterfall. The path was often littered with frozen crystals.



We looked out our hotel room and noticed that the geese were not deterred by the icy conditions. We, on the other hand, chose the hot tub over sitting out on the balcony.


One more important family note for the week: Elijah turned 16 on Wednesday, January 27, and earned his driver's license!


Looking back, I am tempted to think that not much was accomplished in that first month.
Looking forward, I am encouraged by the promise, "I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths." So, I choose to trust God for what lies ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo - I love the turtle hair piece! It's gorgeous! I'm very interested in the forgotten cookies - what's in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meringue with mint chocolate chips. Heat oven. Turn off and leave cookies to sit in closed oven for four hours without opening. :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!