Tuesday, January 26, 2021

New Week, New Beginnings

A favorite photo surfaced this week, especially because of the caption: "It's a wonderful day to break ground." Stephan and Karen's loooong-awaited building project has begun!


Another long process also began this week. Leah was pronounced cancer free last week and began taking a very strong medication this Monday. It is a long term treatment meant to prevent recurrence by 25%. She and Jimmy had a teaching session with the oncologist to learn how to handle it. Leah's notes explain how the drug works.

Monday also marked another beginning. My dearest Argentine friend's husband passed away. I love the photo I received of Aldo holding a friend's granddaughter and his beautiful smile. I wrote about my friend Mirtha here. Her grief became almost unbearable by the fact that she was not allowed to see him the last ten days when he was hospitalized. Unable to communicate directly with my friend was heavy for me.


A bright spot for me was to share Tuesday afternoon with my own greatgranddaughter. Rebecca and I watched the Basics Jr. video telling the story of Jesus' interaction with a woman who was unloved and hated, and His offer of living water to quench her soul thirst and continually satisfy her longings. Amazing love! We tried to make a well, a jug, and people out of Play-Doh.


Michael found yet another place for us to hike--the Wilderness Park in Hartford City. We explored it Wednesday afternoon.


We were ready and hungry for Kendra's promised treat--a Cambodian meal, coconut curry over rice. Yum!


Michael still likes to ride his bike if time and weather allow. Thursday afternoon was one of those opportunities. I was interested to notice from the jersey he wore, that we had done the Hilly Hundred event in Southern Indiana back in 2001, probably the first of several.


If I really wanted to know, I could consult our many Meemaw Moments books to find out the total number. Years ago I replaced the annual albums with hard copies of my blog. This week the 2019 and 2020 volumes arrived. I had missed ordering one last year, so jumped at the opportunity of an almost two for one deal early in January.


Saturday morning, I volunteered at Helping Hand. I always come away with a few special finds. Among other things I found two pairs of shoes for this little guy, a great excuse to stop by for a visit.
We had fun banging on the overturned hamper like a drum. And he walked to me and smiled a whole lot. An added bonus was as I was kneeling on the floor and Ruff the big dog sat next to me and gently put his paw on my shoulder!


The day ended with a painting event for the "We Live In The Same House" group, as our chat line is called. It was a Taylor Coffee and Canvas deal that the girls picked up for our evening entertainment as a "family." 


We followed a tutorial, supposedly for beginners, with varied results. A very enjoyable experience.
Notice the fun and serious expressions. 


And that was the end of January full-week # 3.

4 comments:

  1. Fun paintings! Great news about Leah! I'm so sorry about your friend. I think dying in isolation (and not being allowed to be with dying loved ones) is one of the saddest things about this pandemic. I like your blog books--how do you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for Leah! I hope that she can tolerate the new drug well. I remember you talking about Mirtha - so sorry to hear about Also's passing.

    I also want the blog book info! I used to have it, but it's long gone now...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!