Friday, August 6, 2010

La ermita

Church-theme continued...

I started the week on this theme so I wanted to add a couple more posts highlighting another two of the many churches we saw in Spain.
My favorite was a smaller chapel on the mountain above Hondarribia, perhaps because of the view of the town and sea from there. The picture calendar I brought back from Onyarbi features this photo, except that I could not scan the entire landscape. The view I included in a previous post is the view from up there.

Here are some photos we took.
FORBIDDENALL TYPES OF GAMES, FOOD, AND WEARING A BATHING SUIT ANYWHERE IN THE SANCTUARY
Every sizable town has a chapel on the hill. These are called ermitas, and are not used regularly, only on special occasions.

1 comment:

  1. How sad...the result of thinking of church as a building, and not considering that we are living stones...part of THE CHURCH.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!